Accenture have a new free 2013 Consumer Electronics Products and Services Usage Report (PDF) documenting research to identify and track consumer technology trends based on a survey of more than 11,000 consumers across 11 countries.
Interesting conclusions for mobile developers include…
- Consumers are focusing on fewer, multiple function devices.
- Consumers are not locked into any single platform. Consumers are open to experimenting; virtually no company or platform has a lock on their loyalty.
- Cloud-based services and apps are showing substantial increase in use.
- Multi-function devices are fueling the continued “consumerization” of IT in the workplace.
- Unlike a decade ago, 100% of smartphone consumers surveyed know the operating system of their devices.